Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Diving in Eilat

The last few times I dived (e.g., in the Gubal Area or Cyprus) I felt that my photography was off. I recently got the new (totally rewritten) edition of Martin Edge's "The Underwater Photographer". I read it from cover to cover. This is considered, for good reasons, the best book on the subject.

This long weekend trip was a chance to exercise some of the ideas and principles I read about while they were fresh in my mind. I felt that the result was a pleasant improvement.


Lion fish and soft corals


Frogfish sitting on an old rope knot 



Featherstarts (crinoidea) on a coral 



Many small shrimps



Tiny goby on a whip coral



A "night feather"




Frogfish at night, with extended bait



Trumpet fish displaying night pattern 



Large gorgonias 



Glass fish and soft coral



A fish hiding in the sand


No comments: